Showing posts with label Target. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Target. Show all posts

Thursday, September 1, 2016

Matthew Dellavedova: ‘Main Target’ for the Bucks is the Playoffs

http://i2.wp.com/www.truesportsfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/delly.jpg?fit=640%2C426

Milwaukee inked free agent guard Matthew Dellavedova to a three-year, $ 39 million pact this summer, and the 25-year-old has designs on leading the Bucks back into the postseason.

Dellavedova is eager to learn from Bucks head coach Jason Kidd.

Dellavedova says leaving the defending NBA champion Cavs was tough, but he’s looking forward to stepping into a leadership role.

Per ESPN:

“Leaving Cleveland was tough because I had a great three years there and they gave me my first opportunity,” Dellavedova said.

 

“Winning the title is going to give you a bond with those guys for life, and the way the city embraced me made leaving even harder. […] But I’m excited about the opportunity in Milwaukee, especially to step into a bit more of a leadership role. Obviously at Cleveland we had Kyrie [Irving] being the point guard which puts a ceiling on what you can achieve.”

 

“We definitely want to get into the playoffs, that’s our main target,” Dellavedova said. “They made the playoffs two years ago and looked really good in the first round against Chicago. It was a bit of a down year for them last year with injuries, but the development of their young players is really exciting for the future.”

The post Matthew Dellavedova: ‘Main Target’ for the Bucks is the Playoffs appeared first on SLAMonline.


SLAMonline
http://wp.me/p59zQO-7sp
#Bucks, #Dellavedova, #Main, #Matthew, #Playoffs, #Target - #Basketball

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Arsenal Priced Out Of Move For Top Target As Disastrous Summer Continues

http://i0.wp.com/www.truesportsfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Wenger-Getty-Fed-Up.jpg?fit=594%2C395
Arsenal Priced Out Of Move For Top Target As Disastrous Summer Continues

Wenger Getty Fed UpGetty

We’re already two games into the new Premier League season, and Arsenal haven’t had the best of starts.

They were turned over pretty comfortably by Liverpool in their first game, before playing out a goalless draw with champions Leicester City last weekend.

And they still haven’t managed to recruit another defender, with Laurent Koscielny the only senior fit centre back available for the Gunners.

It looked like only a matter of time before Wenger added Valencia defender Shkodran Mustafi to his ranks, but the Spanish side have now shifted the goalposts, after seemingly closing in on a fee earlier this month.

Mustafi Getty 2 3Getty

The German international was going to be allowed to leave the Mestalla for around £25 million, but now Pako Ayesteran and club officials have DOUBLED that price, and want £50 million for the 24-year-old, according to The Mirror.

It’s yet another blow for Wenger, who certainly hoped to have another new face before the season kicked off, never mind two games in.

He’s also getting pissed off with it, having blasted the media for asking about new signings in the post match press conference after the draw with Leicester.

Wenger Getty PresserGetty

During the outburst, the Frenchman said:

Unfortunately no one speaks about the performance of Rob Holding. You should be happy, he is English and 20 years old. I am sorry he didn’t cost £55 million, so he can’t be good.

We don’t speak about the performances anymore and I think that is not right.

Why do you say I’m reluctant? If I buy you tomorrow for £45m, I have spent £45m, and I would have done well because I will have listened to you, but spending the money in itself is not a quality.

If the fee for Mustafi is what has been reported, then it’s quite hard to blame Wenger for the sudden shift in price.

Mustafi Getty 3Getty

It’s thought that the increase is due to Valencia chasing Chelsea winger Pedro, and not having the funds to do so, meaning they need to bump up Mustafi’s value if he is to leave.

Wenger could now turn to West Bromwich Albion’s Jonny Evans as an alternative, although Tony Pulis doesn’t want to sell the Northern Ireland international.

He may have to though, as the player seems keen to challenge himself at a top club again, after leaving Manchester United just over a year ago.

Evans GettyGetty

In years gone by, we’ve been treated to transfer deadline days including the likes of Dimitar Berbatov and Mesut Ozil.

This year, it’s probably going to be Evans. Lucky us.


Football – UNILAD
http://wp.me/p59zQO-6bH
#Arsenal, #Continues, #Disastrous, #Move, #Priced, #Summer, #Target - #Soccer

Monday, August 22, 2016

Chelsea Target Serie A Striker As Lukaku Chase Ends

http://i0.wp.com/www.truesportsfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Conte-CFC-Getty-5-1.jpg?fit=594%2C396
Chelsea Target Serie A Striker As Lukaku Chase Ends

Conte CFC Getty 5Getty

As you may know, Chelsea’s pursuit of Romelu Lukaku has ended in defeat.

The Belgian striker won’t be heading back to Stamford Bridge for a second crack at things, after withdrawing his transfer request earlier this week.

That means Antonio Conte is looking at other strikers to provide competition for the likes of Diego Costa and Michy Batshuayi, and he’s set to raid his former club for one.

Mandzukic GettyGetty

Croatian Mario Mandzukic is Conte’s latest target, and would cost around £25 million, according to the Mirror.

That sum is a third of the fee Everton wanted for Lukaku, so would represent Chelsea taking the cheaper option – something they don’t normally do.

Although when you consider that Mandzukic is 30 and unproven in the Premier League, maybe it doesn’t seem so cheap.

Mandzukic Getty 2Getty

The Croatian arrived at Juventus in a surprise move last summer after a year at Atletico Madrid, and scored 10 league goals for the Old Lady last season.

However, he’s behind big money new signing Gonzalo Higuain, wonderkid Paulo Dybala and Euro 2016 penalty flop Simone Zaza in the Juventus forward department, and could be open to working with his old boss again.

Conte feels like he must add another striker to his squad as he bids to win the Premier League at the first time of asking, as only Costa and Batshuayi are available currently.

Costa Getty Angry 4Getty

And when you consider the rate at which Costa has been picking up yellow cards so far this season, there will be plenty of games where the Spaniard isn’t available.

Looks like the Blues are in for a busy final week in the transfer window.


Football – UNILAD
http://po.st/weJc8h
#Chase, #Chelsea, #Ends, #Lukaku, #Serie, #Striker, #Target - #Soccer

Friday, August 19, 2016

Arsenal Forced To Switch Transfer Target As Move For Defender Stalls

http://i2.wp.com/www.truesportsfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Mustafi-web-2-320x213.jpg?fit=320%2C213
Arsenal Forced To Switch Transfer Target As Move For Defender Stalls

Wenger Getty Glum 2Getty

In what is the least surprising Arsenal news ever, their move for Valencia defender Shkodran Mustafi has stalled.

No prizes for guessing why said deal has stalled – they can’t agree on a fee for the £25 million rated centre back, despite the player being happy to make the move.

After losing their Premier League opener to Liverpool – and shipping four goals in the process – it’s as clear as day that Arsenal need another defender, so they’ve identified Barcelona’s Jeremy Mathieu as an alternative target.

Mathieu GettyGetty

However, there’s one small problem with that move – he’s currently injured.

Oh and he’s 32, so he’s not exactly got long left in him.

Since moving from Valencia to Barcelona in the summer of 2014, Mathieu has been backup to the likes of Gerard Pique and Javier Mascherano at the Nou Camp.

Mustafi Getty 2 2Getty

A fee around £10 million would be enough to take the Frenchman to the Emirates, although he limped out of Barcelona’s win over Sevilla last weekend with a hamstring injury.

Considering Per Mertesacker and Gabriel are injured and Laurent Koscielny is short of match fitness after being given a month off after the Euros, Wenger needs reinforcements soon.

But instead of paying an extra £5 million for Mustafi, the long serving Arsenal boss has decided to pull a classic Wenger move – flat out refusing to budge on what is hardly an astronomical price, and start fresh negotiations with another player.

Wenger Getty Smile 1Getty

Just to summarise, Wenger has turned his nose up at paying £25 million for a 24-year-old German international, in favour of an injured Barcelona fringe player, who isn’t exactly cheap considering he’s 33 in two months.

Have you ever seen anything that sums up Arsene Wenger’s transfer attitude better?

Nope, me neither.


Football – UNILAD
http://po.st/ZoRXsv
#Arsenal, #Defender, #Forced, #Move, #Stalls, #Switch, #Target, #Transfer - #Soccer

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Raptors reportedly planning to target Serge Ibaka next summer

http://i1.wp.com/www.truesportsfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/serge-ibaka.jpg?fit=580%2C364

Serge Ibaka

The Toronto Raptors must want revenge on the Orlando Magic for stealing Bismack Biyombo away this offseason.

According to a report by Doug Smith of the Toronto Star, the Raptors are planning to pursue three-time All-Defensive First Team big man Serge Ibaka next summer with a run at Ibaka said to be “very much on their minds.”

The 26-year-old Ibaka becomes an unrestricted free agent after the 2016-17 campaign. He would make for an excellent fit on a Raptors team with a hole at the power forward position, where they are currently planning to start reclamation project Jared Sullinger next season.

As a multi-purpose big with elite stretch-4 and rim guardian capabilities, Ibaka is an ideal piece to potentially slot next to center Jonas Valanciunas. He is also able to close games as an undersized 5 in certain situations.

Orlando’s frontcourt looks a bit congested after they brought in both Ibaka and Biyombo to compete for playing time with Nikola Vucevic and Aaron Gordon. It’s still uncertain how open Ibaka might be to signing a long-term extension with the Magic, but it looks like he already has options elsewhere should he choose not to.

H/T NBA Reddit


Basketball – Larry Brown Sports
http://po.st/ml2j2b
#Ibaka, #Next, #Planning, #Raptors, #Reportedly, #Serge, #Summer, #Target - #Basketball